Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, September 2, 2010

An Adventure at the H-E-B

So if you know me very well, you know that I HATE going to the grocery store. Not in the sense that I would prefer to be sitting on the beach sipping a pina colada, but in that I would rather be locked in a room forced to listen to techno music for 48 hours than go to the grocery store. Normally as I "leisurely" stroll through the grocery store my pulse quickens, my palms get clammy, I sometimes hallucinate. It's rough. I think that it must be amusing for others. I'm sure I appear to be on the verge of a mental break, what with the crazy eyes and talking to myself.
Despite all of this I decided that I wanted to sit down an plan out meals for the next 2 weeks AND go to the grocery store. So last night I picked the meals and organized the recipes. This morning I made the shopping list and organized it in the order that I walk through the store. (Thanks Mom for teaching me to do this! You rock!) Then as I prepared to print I hit a productivity wall. I recently acquired a new-to-me laptop (Thank you Babe!!) and it didn't have the printer driver that I needed. So getting that found and downloaded turned into a 2 hour hulabaloo that ALMOST ended with me in tears.
The silver lining in the printer situation is that today I went through my cornucopia of symptoms in the comfort of my own home! I was forced into my little meltdown by the perfect storm that was the dread of the store combined with the annoyance of getting the computer and printer to join hands and sing Kumbaya. It was a nice change of pace! I was able to sit down and listen to some calming music and regain my composure. So once all of that drama was out of the way I gathered up the boys and put them into their seats and headed off to slay my dragon. Nerves hardened by a sweet tea and thanking God that the boys were in a good mood we went to my familiar H-E-B. The entire trip went quite smoothly and the boys were AMAZING! I actually got everything I needed (which I think is a first for me) and remained calm, and I assume I appeared sane as well! BONUS! 

During the trip Marc was obsessed with the numbers on the race car attachments to the shopping carts and yelling "Howdy, Partner!" at each fellow race car driver we passed. Mason had fun spinning the fake steering wheel and saying "broom, broom" at varying volumes. Over all, I consider today a success. :0)

While I was organizing my shopping list we were in the back yard. I ended up with two boys that were all that is little boy!


During breakfast Marc was busy trying to convince me to let Curly (the dog) come to the table because he "wasn't" begging, he just needed to be "petted" all while making an incredibly pitiful face, Mason was eating breakfast and talking a million miles an hour.
I caught him looking introspective. Made me laugh.
What a sweet boy!

I have two videos to add later. But it's been a trying day (with the near breakdown and such) so I'm going to head off to bed. See all you lovely people again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I adore you! I am so excited about your new little blogging venture! Kuddos to you for keeping up with it better than I keep up with mine! :0)

    ReplyDelete