Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekend (not such an) Adventure

I decided that since it was a holiday weekend I was going to do something fun to celebrate. When I think of good times and lots of laughing, this face is the one that comes to mind...

Maggie with her SWEET 3-D glasses.
I think she rocks them.

So naturally I decided to spend Sunday and Monday with my favorite biological sister! I tried to hang out with MG as well, but she had more important things to do. ;0)

For my Saturday plans I had committed to babysit the sweet Hawkins boys in exchange for A&M football tickets. (Maggie is pretty super excited about being able to sit down when we watch our boys B.T.H.O. Missouri.) Saturday early afternoon I went to the laundromat and got all of my laundry done, then spent the evening with Sweet Noah. After the Hawkins family got home around 10ish I headed off to Ft. Worth. Normally I don't like to drive at night. But now that I have my WONDERFUL car, it's actually kind of fun being on the road in the night. I feel like the only person in the world. I arrived at Marggie's about 1am. Sunday morning I woke up to her staring at the back of my head (willing me to wake up) because she was hungry. We had a pretty typical day together, eating and shopping. (mostly of the window variety) One of the highlights of my long weekend was when we went to the Love Shack! It was SOOOO delicious! I have never had better nachos in my life! Another highlight was that my sweet Maggie got me pedicure. It was lovely as usual and I think my toes turned out pretty.

I'm in love with the little flowers!
While it was a relaxing experience fore me, poor Maggie got a HORRIBLE nail lady! We're talking particularly horrible! The crazy lady cleaned out the foot bath thing while Maggie was still sitting in the chair, didn't help Maggie put on her sandals, and had the WORST attitude about life in general! I felt horrible for poor Cricket.

So when the weekend was over I came home and had a lovely yesterday (Tuesday) with the boys. We played inside all day because THIS is what was going on:

I very much enjoyed the rainy day and am enjoying the cloudy weather today. It's supposed do be like this until Friday, which is perfectly ok with me!

That's pretty much all that is going on right now.
-The boys are fabulous as always.
-I'm getting excited about Daniel coming home this weekend! (he's been gone for 2 weeks!) I can't seem to keep him in one place! He's in California right now with his family on vacation. I think he's having TONS more fun than me this week, what do you think?


-I'm getting excited about going to Amarillo next week and going to the fair!

Hope you had a splendid Labor Day weekend!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment